Friday, October 19, 2012

The Eighty Dollar Chocolate Cake

We make this all the time. We bought this cake for $80 at a Young Women's Camp Fundraiser. Which didn't make any sense, since we were trying to raise money instead of spend it. Anyway, I could not resist it. It looked fabulous, and it was. This recipe has chocolate all over it now, it is ripped, I have lost it once, asked for it again. My friend Carolyn gave me this recipe.


  • 1 box dark chocolate cake mix (I buy devil's food)
  • 1 small box instant chocolate pudding mix
  • 1/2 cup oil (I use olive)
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 4 eggs
  • 1 cup sour cream (I use Greek yogurt)
  • 2 cups (or a package) chocolate chips

Blend all ingredients except chocolate chips. Beat on high 3-4 minutes. Blend in chocolate chips.

Bake at 350 degrees for 50-60 minutes (until top springs back)

Can be used as a layer or sheet cake OR baked in bundt pan and glazed with icing.

(I do the bundt and use a can of chocolate frosting, nuked in microwave and drizzle over cake)

No comments:

Post a Comment