Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Mrs. Zink's Moist Banana Bread

This recipe has stains all over it due to how much I use it. This is in a book that my mom in law gave to me. It's the only banana bread recipe I have used and liked.

  • 1 cup sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/4 cup shortening
  • 4 overripe bananas
  • 1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • dash of cinnamon and nutmeg
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 2 cups flour
  • 1 cup chopped walnuts (I rarely have walnuts, so I use chocolate chips instead).

Cream sugar, eggs and shortening in large bowl. Add bananas to mixture. Beat until creamy. In separate bowl, combine baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, flour and nuts. Add dry ingredients to creamy mixture. Mix just until not lumpy. Put in greased bread pan. Bake for 60 minutes in 350 degree oven.

No comments:

Post a Comment