Sunday, December 9, 2012

Butternut Squash

We have been going strong on a Paleo diet. Sometimes I get really tired of eating the meat. Night after night! Thank goodness there is usually a vegetable served with it. I usually double up on the veggies and don't finish the meat. Don't get me wrong, I love meat, but in small doses! Veggies on the other hand, I can eat a lot of! This was surprisingly really really good. Even MICHELLE, our picky eater (who has been changing her ways) loved it.


  • 2 Tablespoons coconut oil
  • a package of butternut squash (I got the Costco kind, pre-washed and cut)
  • 3-4 cloves garlic, chopped
  • 2-3 Tablespoons fresh thyme
Heat a skillet, melt coconut oil til hot, throw in garlic and thyme and saute a few minutes. Throw in squash. Toss around. Then let brown on one side, flip and let brown on other side. Then lower heat and let cook til tender. It is delicious and nutritious!

No comments:

Post a Comment